Director of Educational Technology, Community Service Advisor, Girl's Rigby Coach at The Harvey School - an independent 6-12 school in Westchester County
- RT @brainpicker: "One person, … one person of integrity, can make a difference, a difference of life and death." Elie Wiesel, now https://t… 10 hours ago
- Eclipse Hunter Reveals the Science That Can Only Be Done in the Dark | Quanta Magazine quantamagazine.org/eclipse-hunter… 14 hours ago
- The EdCamp Model for Professional Summer Reading; Next summer? @MsMetz1 @HarveyLZ @DianneMahony @evisintainer aislnews.org/?p=5704 2 days ago
- RT @MelissaIamonico: How to Talk to Your Kids About Charlottesville nyti.ms/2uVXRJ8 2 days ago
- This is what you do so well @evisintainer mobile.edweek.org/c.jsp?cid=2592… 3 days ago
Category Archives: Social Networking
This is a great article with linked video tutorials: Beyond gmail and docs, use forms to create simple surveys and assessments, groups and talk to create class discussions and private chat groups, sync calendar with your classes and students, and more collaboration tools … Continue reading →
This is a very complete resource. And LiveBinder is a terrific free web tool for organizing any content – files, links, media, PDFs – as you’ll see demonstrated here. An Educators Guide To Twitter – LiveBinder.
I know that adding social media to your 24+ hours day seems daunting, but take a moment to read this post from Sheninger on how he manages to be an effective High School Principal (with a full travel/speaking schedule), husband … Continue reading →
Wonder how useful Pinterest is? The answer is VERY. 20 Innovative Education Technology Pinterest Boards – Edudemic.
A terrific resource with links and video guides to developing a Personal (or Professional) Learning Network. Nings, twitter, facebook, blogs, RSS feeds, and conferences, meetings, etc. PLN Starter Kit – LiveBinder.
I’ve used this at many conferences – its something like Twitter to use, but each “chat room” is unique to your specific purpose – classroom, project, assignment – and totally private. The teachers below posted this on NAIS blog: TodaysMeet. … Continue reading →
This list is extensive – a great way to get a flavor of what Twitter has to offer educators. Play with it. The 2012 A-Z List Of Educational Twitter Hashtags | Edudemic.