Director of Educational Technology, Community Service Advisor, Girl's Rigby Coach at The Harvey School - an independent 6-12 school in Westchester County
- RT @brainpicker: "One person, … one person of integrity, can make a difference, a difference of life and death." Elie Wiesel, now https://t… 10 hours ago
- Eclipse Hunter Reveals the Science That Can Only Be Done in the Dark | Quanta Magazine quantamagazine.org/eclipse-hunter… 14 hours ago
- The EdCamp Model for Professional Summer Reading; Next summer? @MsMetz1 @HarveyLZ @DianneMahony @evisintainer aislnews.org/?p=5704 2 days ago
- RT @MelissaIamonico: How to Talk to Your Kids About Charlottesville nyti.ms/2uVXRJ8 2 days ago
- This is what you do so well @evisintainer mobile.edweek.org/c.jsp?cid=2592… 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: November 2012
Continue to read down to examples of technology used to support learning and engage students in critical thinking and creativity. 4 Ways to Increase Engagement In The Classroom – Edudemic.
Check out this site for teaching English, created by an English teacher: grmr.me. He used a beta application from Youtube to insert questions and answers into instructional video so that the viewer can interact in real time. Exciting development for flipped, … Continue reading
Downtime during the Thanksgiving break, but not enough energy to get involved in heavy reading/research/planning? This is a great mashup of video content from some leaders in flipped and blended learning.The Next 10 Education Gurus | EdTech Magazine. Also… from … Continue reading
For anyone who’s considered using gaming in the classroom, or even wants to explore the idea: Teacher Gaming Network. Many of you will remember Jay’s reference to Bozeman’s use of games in his Science classroom – you can also read … Continue reading
This is a direct result of a NYSAIS conference John and I attended in August. I’ve posted other resources on this blog. Center for the Digital Book: Books that change schools, not schools that change books.
Free online resources by subject area. Join the ning if you’re at all interested in learning about Flipped Learning. www.flippedlearning.org/webinars